This blog is a tribute to my friends , who I feel very lucky to have in my daily life. Even if I dont see them daily, I think of them and use their advice,wisdom or sense of humor to get me through things. I have a lot of acquaintances, and people I know and respect that wont be mentioned on here just because I cant type all day:))) So if I mention you it means I have thought of you lately, you have helped me through things, are still helping me through things , or you are a friend I have had for a long time. If I dont mention you, I still probably think about you, and value your friendship just as much. because if you have the ability to see and read my blog you ALL are my friends. Here's my words to my friends chosen this time:
Tiffany Ragsdale: Always helpful, and always there to listen. A great mother, extremely patient. Most important lesson learned from Tiff:stay away from sting rays:)
Peggy D: Someone who will go to battle for her friends, even if it means getting a few scrapes herself. someone I know I can call and just "bitch"to and my favorite quality...someone who uses the F word as much as I do.
Penny Goldman: My college roomate, has seen me at my absolute worst ,caught me in many compromising positions and I wish we saw more of each other.but when we did see each other after many years of being apart, it was like we never left.
Megan McNeil: Most unlikely person I would be friends with, doesnt like to shop, drinks beer(when she isnt breastfeeding:)) , wears plain , non revealing clothing..see total opposite. BUT oddly, she is one of the people I love to talk to the most, laugh with and give and get advice with. She's sweet and smart and we dont hang out enough, but I think of her daily.
Tracy Spahman: Another unlikely match for me, very sweet, never talks about anyone, calm and patient. Lives 3,000 miles away and I miss just walking down the block and hanging out in her kitchen talking about our kids or our husbands...why did you have to leave me?:(
Molly Feltner: Our kids were in cheer together for many years, and the things discussed at 8 hour/week practices definately cover the spectrum. she's pretty, a great mom and skinny without ever working out-i actually hate that about her:) But she will do anything for you, and is always doing it with a smile.
Mari Blank: Friends for 14 years , through MOMS club, PTA, Relay for LIFE, and my personal training partner. I love Mari, she embodies what a true friend is. She's also getting old (like me) and we can discuss our various ailments together and totally understand each other:)
Melissa Fenton: we used to be neighbors, then lost touch. FB has kept us updated on each other and her statuses and views on motherhood make me laugh so hard. I will always remember stumbling throught t he first 2 years of motherhood with her, as we would walk our babies, around our block and try to hold on to our sanity.
Patty Coviello: Ok, she's not going to see this unless one of her kids read it to her but she is a truly good person. A few years older (and definately wiser)than I am, I always look to her for guidance with Zach-he's my oldest who is best friends with her youngest. she knows a lot, always listens and will do anything for you. she has raised 4 great kids and in this world that is a hell of an accomplishment.And she makes baseball season a little easier to get through!
Ok, so this list barely touches the people in my life I cherish, but it is a start. I wrote it with the intention of letting people know how important they are because we dont tell each other enough, as I was reminded by another friend of mine,Kelly Doyle, earlier this week...she got me thinking that I should start telling people what they mean to me, before one of my various middle age ailments gets me and its too late:)
No comments:
Post a Comment