Thursday, June 9, 2011
Thank Heaven for Little Boys...
I am a lucky woman. I realized this today as I was watching my 8 year old son play with his best friend, who he has known since pre school. he and his friend were catching lizards and keeping them in a big pink container. They were staring at them, poking them, and just marveling about their little reptilian ways. I was passing by the window and stopped to see what they were doing when my eight year old gave me a wide , toothless smile and a wave. he is wearing his all star baseball cap and a mismatched outfit. he is the epitome of "little boy" right now and that makes me happy. Because you see, my other little boy is almost 14. he is 5'7" and weighs more than I do. He is currently at the beach with his "girlfriend" (who, as a side note weighs considerably less than I do- but whatever). He is between man and that lizard catching little boy, sometimes he acts like one and most times he tries to act like the other. Everyday he changes, his voice, his demeanor, his attitude. If God didn't bless me with Mikey, 6 years after my first little boy, I would be lamenting the loss of the boyhood wonders that thankfully are still going on around here. Luckily, I only have to look at my Mikey to be reminded that I am getting a second go around at lizard catching, all star baseball and playdates.And for that I consider myself lucky:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment