Sunday, February 5, 2012

The hardest post I have ever written....

                         As many of you know about 5 years ago I got breast implants.  This was an extremely out of character thing for me to do, as I am not known for my risk taking, life altering decisions. Many years of people calling me flat chested, or clothing looking horrible, or bikinis not fitting right led me to this decision. A selfish, expensive, life changing decision.
                         first of all it was the most painful procedure I'd ever had. And I have given birth to 3 children, yet the post op pain of a "simple" boob job dibilitated me for at least 6 weeks. When I could move my arms above my head again, I started to enjoy life. The end product of my surgery turned out very well. they looked natural, not porn star ridiculous like I was trying to avoid, so i was happy in that respect. I  went shopping and bought no less than 10 bras..all without padding! Yay! Then I went on a shirt buying frenzy, loving the look I now magically had. People complimented me all the time, saying they looked real, they wanted "mine" could they call my plastic surgeon. it felt good for a while.
                          Secondly, I have many, lets call them, issues. I always have some sort of stomach malady, whether it is pain, diarrhea, bloating. I have seen a gastroenterologist who ran a battery of tests on me , all to find..you guessed it.. nothing. So they gave me the standard "I have no idea why you feel this way" diagnosis of IBS. Then I went to my regular medical doctor where 7 vials of blood turned up.. you guessed it..nothing. The day those results came I cried. I now am left to turn to supplements that I have learned about from my researching implant patients with similiar complaints and what THEY do to help themselves.
                                I also am fatigued most of the time. if i didn't workout  would be totally exhausted all the time. Exercise is what saves me I believe. That and the many supplements I now take after doing my own research on implant related disorders. But i still never feel 100%.  I have spoken to other implant patients, some agre with me , some say they feel awesome and it's not the implants that are causing my maladies.Most doctors also say it's probably not that either.But I feel they are all in some brotherhood of protection, not wanting to throw a member of their clan under the bus, so they won't admit that it possibly is these foreign bodies inside of me causing symptoms that never seem to disappear. They subside from time to time but never go away completely.
                                   The reason I am writing this on a lovely Sunday afternoon is because many peole lately have said they are considering implants. I am here to say "do not do it." My husband says I have no right to tell people not to do it, since I have them and they look good. Well, I disagree..I have every right to try and protect people from what may be plaguing me.  If it's preventable don't put yourself in a position to possibly not feel well 75% of the time. That's all I am trying to say.
                                  I know many of you are reading this and thinking, wow she's kind of a hypochondriac. Maybe. but how I feel is real and I never felt this way before June of 2007. It could possibly be coincidental but i doubt it. The solutions for me right now are supplements, exercising and staying on top of my health, monitoring my diet and the things that exacerbate my symptoms. Explantation is not an option yet, financial reasons and selfish reasons.
                                  So I am going to post this for all to read knowing most of you will think im nuts, some of you will feel bad for me, a few of you will say I told you so, but hopefully all of you considering implants will think longer and harder now.

No comments:

Post a Comment