Mother's day is this Sunday. I will get cards, flowers, and a new tea kettle(because I specifically asked for a new tea kettle and I put Sophie in charge of getting one). But what I really want is some peace. Maybe some sleep, no fights to break up, no laundry to do etc. Here is a modified list of what I would not like to have to hear, see or deal with on Mother's Day:
10. "mom, I threw up. " or "mom, I have to throw up" or actually any form of vomit will ruin my mother's day.
9. "hey, the dog is eating the cat poop again, and she dragged into my room..." just clean it up..for one day,I beg of you.
8. "oh, hey I have a project due, tomorrow." you may be getting a zero if you do this one to me on Mother's day. it's bad enough to deal with the rest of the year but on Mother's day it becomes daddy's problem, and you may wanna take the zero...
7."Hey, my laundry is piling up ,mom" well, i believe mother's day is also going to be know in my house as "give the Whirlpool a vacation "day. So wear something else.
6."what's for breakfast(or lunch,or dinner)?" Ummm..I dont know, what is your father making?
5. " Why isnt there a Children's day"? I am never going to dignify that question with an answer..
4. " are you napping? again?" Yep, it's mother's day. Well, I nap alot of days but at least on Mother's day it seems a little more acceptable to do in front of everyone.
3. "I cant find my (fill in the blank)"... on this day you will be in charge of finding all your "lost" items or at least living without them until the day of the Mother has come to an end.
2. "OOH , can I have a sip of your Starbucks"...no. today i would like to finish my 5.00 coffee without backwash, chewed lids and half of it spilling on my counter because it's HOT.
1. "Mom, do you miss spending mother's day with your mom?" This is a question that i wish I didnt have to hear, but it gets asked every year. the answer is yes, and I wish i had appreciated it while I had the chance.
So to all my "mom" friends I wish you a day of peace, happiness, and no spills, or spewing of bodily fluids....that's what makes a truly Happy Mother's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment